Re: IAHC Backtracks on Registrar Lottery

  • From: Dave Crocker
  • Date: Wed May 07 17:59:38 1997

At 8:52 AM -0700 5/7/97, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
>Please note that the domains are not scheduled to be available for over a
>year from now.

	This is inaccurate.  We do not know exactly when they will become
available but many of are hopeful that it will be summer or early fall,
this year.  Somewhere in the range of 4-6 months from now.

At 8:57 AM -0700 5/7/97, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
>I fail to see how it is possible that the IAHC announced anything this
>week; the IAHC was dissolved on 1 May 97 when the gTLD-MoU was signed.

	clever of you to notice.

	the announcement came from the Interim Policy Oversight Committee
d/

Dave Crocker, Director                                       +1 408 246 8253
Internet Mail Consortium                                 (f) +1 408 249 6205
127 Segre Place                                             [email protected]
Santa Cruz, CA  95060 USA                                 http://www.imc.org

Also: iPOC member, expressing personal opinions          http://www.iahc.org