Re: Coincidence...

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Wed May 07 16:30:54 1997

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
:
:When Sprint initially enacted peering requirements, I asked several
:UUnet employees whether they were planning to do the same.  The answer
:was without exception that UUnet pursues peering with all technically
:qualified providers at all exchange points, because that results in
:the best connectivity for UUnet customers.

Edward Fang <[email protected]> wrote:

>Actually I think this was once one of their boasting points.

Boasting is fine until economic realities start to affect your
bottom line.  I always held to the opinion that stratification of
Internet is inevitable.

Neither it is a bad phenomenon per se -- it reflect shifing of Internet
being add-on service to being a core business of facilities based
telecom companies.  The ultimate win will be a network which is a lot
more useful, with solid and sustainable business model.

--vadim