Multicast

  • From: Aleph One
  • Date: Tue May 06 12:48:59 1997

   Morning all. I was wonderign if anyone could comment on how deployed is
multicast routing in real-world networks. How many of you have enabled
multicast routing in your core routers? Do you offer this as a service to
your customers? If no, why not? Do you plan to? The problem with IP
multicasting is that is not usefull unless everyone is usinging it. I'am
wondering when we will start seeing it in use. New products are starting
to support multicast (new CUSeeMe, etc) but the infrastructure doesnt seem
to be there.

Aleph One / [email protected]
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01