Re: UUNET Pulling Peering Agreements

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Sat May 03 10:58:20 1997

On Fri, May 02, 1997 at 10:27:27PM -0700, Adam Waters wrote:

> Currently we peer with UUNet across Mae-West and have for over
> two years. We have been trying to extend this peering to the many
> other NAP's where we have DS3 connectivity for over 10 months now,
> as sound network design would indicate, but these efforts have been
> repeatedly rejected by UUNet. Recently, we also recieved the "from
> letter" telling us our peering would be shut off in June.  We have
> so far declined to sign the NDA papers with UUNet regarding this.
>
> We are seeking a solution to the the problem without entering into
> a dead-end NDA that prevents us from actually doing so. I encourage
> others who are in the same boat to contact us to exchange thoughts
> on the matter.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Adam Waters

I suggest considering a class legal action and/or a direct call to the FTC
asking for an investigation if you believe this behavior is anti-competitive.

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal