Re: UUNET settlement - A call to arms?

  • From: Eric Sobocinski
  • Date: Fri May 02 18:44:35 1997

On Fri, 2 May 1997 at 15:17 PDT, Mike Leber <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 May 1997, Bownes, Robert M. (EXCH) wrote:
> > What I would like to do is to connect to, for example, Sprint *just to
> > get to folks who
> > buy from Sprint*, not to transit through them to get to a NAP someplace.
>
> You can already do this.
>
> Simply buy a T1 from Sprint and filter out all of the non Sprint routes.
> Where you might have normally purchased 10 Mbps transit service, you can
> now use just a T1 with the appropriate filters.  It will become a pain to
> load balance and capacity plan all of those little pipes (increased
> expense and complexity), but hey, if you don't want to or can't use an
> exchange point this is an alternative.

Uh, no, but thank you for playing.

It's the other direction that is the problem.  How does he advertise
routes to Sprint so that Sprint customers can reach him but without
Sprint advertising his routes at exchange points?  That's the other
half of what he's asking for, and he can't do it unless Sprint sets
up filters to do it for him.