Re: UUNET Pulling Peering Agreements & replacing them with charging under non-disclosure?

  • From: Hui-Hui Hu
  • Date: Fri May 02 02:51:56 1997

 Oh hell. I was just explaining to my boss last week how none of these
 NSPs trust each other and so that's why all these packets have to cross
 the country twice to get 20 miles down the road etc etc and now if
 UUNET is pulling peers then he's _really_ going to have my head.

 Several questions:

 1 - What is the point of the NDA? Is the NDA precedented?

 2 - Are they pulling CIX peering? (Can that rtr get any more overloaded? :)

 3 - One of my upstream providers claims that Sprint pulled peering
 abruptly on them this morning without any warning and is now charging
 them $X (where X is a large number) to peer. Has this happened to anyone
 else, is it a Sprint policy to always charge for new peers, etc?

 Thanks,

-Tung-Hui Hu
 [email protected]