Re: offtopic for NANOG - do not read

  • From: Dave Crocker
  • Date: Sat Apr 26 16:49:11 1997

At 12:40 PM -0700 4/26/97, Karl Denninger wrote:
>For 90% of that database, the development and operation was paid for with
>*private funds* as a *private, for-profit, revenue-funded* business.

	under a government agreement, with a government assignment of
responsibility and government review and approval of the fees.

	the agreement, by the way, says that the data belong to the government.

>NSI put up the risk capital to do this.  They did so with no guarantee
>of a profit, and in fact claim they have lost money.

	no, really they didn't, since the captial came from the revenue stream.

>I believe that if push comes to shove, this will be supported through legal
>process.

	and I believe they won't.  ain't it great to have all these free
legal opinions floating around?

>This is what I've been saying for 18 months, but nobody wanted to hear it
>then because it was politically unpalatable.

	or, perhaps, because your legal opinions are even less than mine,
and that's going some.

d/

Dave Crocker                                             +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                              fax: +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr.                                  [email protected]
Sunnyvale CA 94086 USA                        http://www.brandenburg.com

Internet Mail Consortium                http://www.imc.org, [email protected]