Re: Also, re: 7007

  • From: Jon Green
  • Date: Sat Apr 26 13:01:20 1997

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:55:03 -0400 (EDT), [email protected] writes:

>MAI is still working with Bay at their data center to reach the point
>that they're comfortable re-advertising their routes directly.  Ciscos
>have been offered to MAI, but MAI is still working with Bay.

As well they should.  Why is misconfiguration of a router a reason
to change vendors?  How about if we prove the existence of a bug before
spreading rumors?  There are some very large networks running on Bay
routers, one of which I used to run.  I've always found that proper
configuration did wonders for making it work correctly.

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *         "Life's a dance             *
   *   [email protected]       *          you learn as you go"        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *                                       *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" * http://www.netins.net/showcase/jcgreen *