Re: routes to hit 50,000 soon? or filter AS 7007....

  • From: Richard Almeida
  • Date: Fri Apr 25 17:20:24 1997

> Are your nameservers in the first class C of your CIDR block by any
> chance???  They have been taking CIDR blocks and squirting out
> Class C equivilents.
>
> Sadly, many poeple (including me) think, oooh, nice big CDIR block lets
> put all my important boxes in it's first Class C... Seems to be a
> very bad descision ;-(

And, because of the way you get CIDR allocations in Europe (and probably
everywhere else now)
	Join RIPE
	Apply for space for your own network
	This gets allocated from the beginning of a new /19 CIDR block
	Build NOC and 1st POP
	Then start applying-for/allocating customer address space

I would imagine a very large proportion of "newer" ISPs have critical stuff
in the 1st /24 of their 1st allocation ...

Richard

--
Richard Almeida				email: [email protected]
Technical Director			phone: +44 181 296 9201