Re: Ascend GRF400

  • From: Gary Zimmerman
  • Date: Fri Apr 25 08:13:20 1997

Not exactly true,  we have used a HSSI card from NetStar since October of
last year.  I know they have had a ethernet card after that but before
Ascend.  What really matters though is the software that runs the cards,
and since Ascend has taken over we are seeing releases for upgrades and
fixes coming alot faster.  More people to throw at it....  Any way, we were
a early adopter and have used all the cards that are available, from
ethernet, fddi, hssi and atm.  T1 card does not make allot of since to us,
but it does to our customers and I know they are working on it as we have
these discussion.

Gary Zimmerman
V.P. of Network Engineering
Savvis Communications Corp.