Re: Ascend GRF400

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Tue Apr 22 21:29:46 1997

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, William S. Duncanson wrote:

> At 11:48 4/22/97 -0400, Deepak Jain wrote:
> >Everything we get from them has some kind of hardware problem (ethernet
> >wise) that flakes out after about 7 days uptime.
>
> Unfortunately, that's not suprising from Ascend.

Yes it is, Ascned is good at working with customers. We had what we
thought was a problem with a card. They had a new one to us in 4 hours,
even though it turned out to be our problem with a config error. We are
using them at all the NAPs and they are stable. Several providers have
started to deploy them in their networks. Why don't you look at the box
before you get in Ascends case.

Nathan Stratton                                President, NetRail,Inc.
Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (404)522-1939                          230 Peachtree Suite 500
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Atlanta, GA 30303
"No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his
great strength.                                        - Psalm 33:16