Re: Ascend GRF400

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Tue Apr 22 21:14:09 1997

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Deepak Jain wrote:

> We have been trying to get decent units from Ascend.
>
> Everything we get from them has some kind of hardware problem (ethernet
> wise) that flakes out after about 7 days uptime.
>
> Email me if you want more specifics.

Hmm, I have lots of 8 port Ethernet cards in my network, and they are
stable. You may have a bad card or something, try upgrading the firmware
on the Ethernet card to the latest code.

Well sorry, we should move this to the Ascend list.

Nathan Stratton                                President, NetRail,Inc.
Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (404)522-1939                          230 Peachtree Suite 500
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Atlanta, GA 30303
"No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his
great strength.                                        - Psalm 33:16