Re: Response from Cyber Promotions (fwd)

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Mon Apr 21 13:15:25 1997

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

And, now take a look at AGIS's abuse response.  It's funny that AGIS and
Cyberpromo's responses are exactly the same thing, with "AGIS" instead of
"Cyberpromo".  The rest of the mail contains the same suggestions...

AGIS also has another interesting way of handling spam complaints:

220 agis.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.5/8.8.5; Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:14:13 -0400 (EDT)
MAIL FROM: <[email protected]>
471 <[email protected]>... We don't accept junk mail. - AHH3

I've conveniently blocked cyberpromo's blocks.  My upstream provider is
currently considering globally blocking cyberpromo.  I am in the process
of determining the impact of blocking _4200_.

>>Dear Sir/Madam,
>>
>>Thank you for taking the time to write to AGIS with your concerns.
>>
>>Please be aware that this mailbox ([email protected]) is read by our entire
>>company, including our senior management. The fact that your message
>>garners e-mail from an auto-responder is to insure a timely response. It
>>should not be an indication of a lack of consideration or concern.
>>
>>AGIS' POSITION ON ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY FOR INTERNET CONTENT
>>AGIS provides Internet connectivity to a large number of customers, whom
>>are supporting millions of end users.  As a global service provider, we
>>provide circuits for Internet backbone connectivity.  We do not offer
>>connectivity directly to end-users.
>>
>>[......]

==>Read the msg below from Cyberpromo.  It is valid for ISPs to block at the
==>router level as well as the sendmail level as per Cyberpromo's mail.  I
==>figured some people here may be interested in this. :-)
==>