Re: MFS Outage 6:30PM PDT 4/18/97

  • From: Sanjay Dani
  • Date: Sat Apr 19 14:25:41 1997

>Additionally, someone may be sitting out there wondering
>why thier network is down, or having problems.

Just fyi: Jay's email let me go home at 7:30 PM friday--
after exploring all sorts of theories why our bgp to the
CIX router was flapping every other minute--assured that
suspending bgp to CIX earlier was the best thing to do
for the day. I hope other exchanges will follow Jay's example.

>IMHO, this notification was perfectly acceptable in this forum.

Yup, certainly more appropriate than the rantings (including
mine) about spamming :-)

Sanjay.