Re: What's going on?

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Thu Apr 17 19:44:07 1997
  • Newsgroups: local.nanog

There's some most peculiar messages on AGIS' web pages today.  In short:

3:00 AM - scheduled Washington D.C. router software update

8:15 AM - report that router had failed at 2:00 AM, making
	arrangements to replace equipment.

1:40 PM - "AGIS has suffered a concentrated and systematic attack of
	our network. At this time we cannot provide any further
	details, except to inform you that a federal investigation is
	underway, and, that AGIS is assisting in every facet of this
	investigation. Estimated time of repair is 3:40pm EDT."

Huh?  I realize that AGIS has had staffing problems, but how often does
one call the Feds when a router update messes up?

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 640 Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[email protected], http://iecc.com/johnl, "New witty saying coming soon."