Re: MCI outage

  • From: Russ Haynal
  • Date: Sat Apr 12 17:27:40 1997

>the relationship between mci and bbn is one of peering.  bbn
>is no longer a transit customer of internetMCI.  we peer with
>them directly in multiple locations.  i can't speak with authority
>about the relationship between bbn and at&t.  i understood that
>it was one of provider/reseller.
>
>Jeff Young
>[email protected]

As an ISP, BBN may be peering with MCI(the ISP), but I too had the
Understanding that Some of BBN's fiber was leased from MCI(the telco?).
Anyone else with insight ?

Russ
      Russ Haynal - Internet Consultant, Instructor, Speaker
  "Helping organizations gain the most benefit from the Internet"
[email protected]     http://www.navigators.com     703-729-1757
Author:"Internet; A Knowledge Odyssey" (Top-rated CD-ROM Tutorial)
      Available from MindQ Publishing: http://www.mindq.com