Re: MCI outage

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Sat Apr 12 11:07:46 1997

As far as I can tell ATT Worldnets backbone service was out from about
6pm eastern daylight time last night until after I went to bed at one am
this morning.  I could connect to the mercerville pop fine.....however my
packets went no where.  I called the customer service number and received
a not very helpful message about the service being temporarily unavailable
after wading through several layers of voicemail  menus.

MCI used to carry BBN cicrcuits which have at one point carried worldnet
circuits....... any relationship here?

this is first worldnet backbone outtage since I started using them in mid
december to reach netaxs.   anyone know what happened?

The COOK Report on Internet               For subsc. pricing & more than
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA     ten megabytes of free material
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)              visit   http://pobox.com/cook/
Internet: [email protected]             On line speech of critics under
attack by Ewing NJ School Board, go to http://pobox.com/cook/sboard.shtml