Re: Outage (planned and unplanned) notification

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Sat Apr 12 04:34:02 1997

David Carmean <[email protected]> wrote:

> Engineers which are too vocal do not seem to survive in telco environment
> for too long.

>Even those who don't employ hammer and nail to make their point;
>i.e. are simply relating facts about real-time operational issues?

The corporate establishment generally frowns at amateurish attempts to
do "damage control" public relations.  That's the job for P.R. people,
not engineers, you see?  Now, the only question is where to find P.R.
people who can tell cidr from cider.

--vadim

PS  The word play above is not a joke.  I've seen a real person writing
    "cider" in memos.

PPS It is mandatory to pass THC urine test to qualify for a network engineer
    position in a certain ISP.  Having pulse is not required.  I hope that
    clarifies the situation somehow.