Re: Ad Hoc, eDNS, AlterNIC and the bunch

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Thu Apr 10 15:36:11 1997

On Thu, Apr 10, 1997 at 03:00:54PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Karl Denninger writes:
> > Where is the list of signatories Hank?
> >
> > Is it public?
> >
> > If not, why not?
>
> ROTFL!
>
> The list is public. Currently, it consists of the ISOC and IANA, which
> is sufficient for the MoU to come into force.

> The rest of the
> organizations that have announced an intent to sign at a formal
			  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> meeting being held for the purpose, to be hosted by the International
> Telecommunication Union at the end of the month. As has been
> mentioned, WIPO, ITU, INTA, MCI, UUNet, ISP/C, Digital, and other
> organizations have already announced that they intend to sign the
> MoU. Many other organizations have informally informed us that they
> intend to sign, but it would have been impractical to list more on a
> press release because every organization on a press release must sign
> off and approve the document.
>
> Perry

The IAHC has said they *SIGNED* the documents.

Intent and action are two different things Perry.

So the truth is that there are *TWO* signatures, one of which is bogus as
IANA isn't an organization (and thus can't sign anything as "IANA"; Mr.
Postel can sign the document as *JON POSTEL*, but not as the "IANA" as it is
a task, not an organization).

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal