Re: Ad Hoc, eDNS, AlterNIC and the bunch

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Thu Apr 10 13:43:09 1997

On Thu, Apr 10, 1997 at 07:40:53PM +0300, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> No one has mentioned anything about adding new root nameservers.  Of the
> over 25 signatories (so far), MCI is just one.  UUnet, Digital, France
> Telecom, EFF, are others that come to mind.  The IAHC was selected by IAB,
> IANA, ISOC, INTA, WIPO, ITU and NSF.  The entire discussion was held in
> public covering 8000 emails over a period of 3 months.  You can see all
> details at www.iahc.org including the MoU that will be signed at the end
> of April in Geneva at the ITU.  No one is adding root servers and gTLDs as
> they wish.  Please do not go by what you read in 3 paragraph newspaper
> articles since much of what is stated is inaccurate.  Go to the site and
> go thru all the materials.
>
> Hank Nussbacher
> IAHC member
> [the views expressed above belong to the author and do not
> necessarily reflect the views of the other IAHC members]

Where is the list of signatories Hank?

Is it public?

If not, why not?

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal