Re: ARIN is not/is too/is not/is too... blah.

  • From: Dirk Harms-Merbitz
  • Date: Sun Mar 30 09:09:54 1997

I agree, there is a need for long-haul providers. But they also don't have
to be that big. 20-30 people companies with an annual gross of, say 10
million, would probably do it. All they need is a T3/OC3/OC12 nation wide
mesh which is expensive, but not that expensive. Plus peering arangements.

Try selling a third T3 to a local ISP with 100 T1 clients and two T3s to
larger networks. The local ISP will most likely talk about pricing plus
how hop-counts can be reduced for his customers. Pricing being the more
important factor at this point.

Dirk