Re: Domain Rant.

  • From: Sanjay Dani(maillists)
  • Date: Thu Mar 20 22:07:30 1997

> Add us to the list of 'paid and put on hold'.  We host ipdmug.org, which
> recently had the same thing happen.  You can guess what a burden it was to
> finally get matters resolved.

I know this does not exactly belong here, several
of our customers have reported spending days on hold
just trying to reach a person at Network Solutions so
their paid domain will not go on hold. I have heard
from three such customers just today morning.

It is worse if you paid for more than one domain in
a single credit card transaction. There is no email
receipt or a record that matches the money paid to
a specific domain name.

If anyone has ideas how to get Network Solutions
to fix this operational problem _now_, so these
domains do not go off line, please post here.