Re: Domain Rant.

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Thu Mar 20 21:03:46 1997

On Thu, Mar 20, 1997 at 04:57:51PM -0800, Paul A Vixie wrote:
> > Would you tolerate no options in who you buy connectivity and hardware from?
> > No?  Then why do you tolerate it in the DNS business?
>
> Because there can be only one authority for ".".
>
> I don't like the one we have but I like your proposal even less.
>
> IAHC's proposal fixes the problem folks are seeing with NS today.

No it doesn't.

If you register with someone, pay them, and they claim never to have
received payment you're just as screwed.  They hold or delete your
record and you end up paying again.

What is it that you dislike about eDNS Paul?  I'd love to see some actual
substantive criticism (as opposed to "IAHC is God") of the policy points.

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "[email protected]" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal