Re: Domain Rant.

  • From: George Herbert
  • Date: Thu Mar 20 20:05:01 1997

I should clarify, this didn't happen to CRL domains (that I know of);
I'm an end user at CRL at this point, not an employee, and as such
of course I don't speak for CRL on this issue...  The domain in
question was mine (my other, non-computer related business actually...).

However, I am getting plenty of private mail that ISPs and their
customers were affected like my personal domain by InterNIC records
problems with the billing, as well as the public responses to the
nanog list here.  It is apparent that InterNIC has a serious problem
of major scale here: they do not have accurate records of who has
paid and who has not, and are acting as though they did and thus
denying services to a number of people whose money they took.
That is not good behaviour in the best of circumstances.

-george william herbert
[email protected]