Re: FYI: BBN/MCI Peering Change 3/31/97

  • From: Matthew Petach
  • Date: Tue Mar 18 03:41:57 1997

> > The technical impact of this change is that MCI will no longer announce
> > BBN routes at the public interconnects, except to those providers who
> > have purchased transit service from MCI.
>
> You're inferring I can buy transit from MCI at the naps.
> If that is true, please let me know.

Not at all.  The only inference you can draw is that MCI does
indeed sell transit services, and that as part of that service,
they will announce BBN routes to you.  Indeed, they will announce
everyone's routes to you if you so desire as a transit customer.
No claims, or even vague references are made as to how or where
that transit service connection is made.  I know MCI will be
quite willing to provide you transit services over a DS3 you
purchase from them.  Of course, there's the matter of the
small additional fee for transit services.  :-)

Of course, if I totally misread your post, and you meant it
to be tongue-in-cheek, then please forgive my overly candid
response.

> davec

Matt