Re: consistent policy != consistent announcements

  • From: Vince Fuller
  • Date: Thu Mar 13 15:10:56 1997
  • Phone: (415) 528-7227
  • Usmail: 3801 East Bayshore Rd, Palo Alto, CA, 94303

    Vince Fuller writes:
    >I can see why you present inconsistant routes to us but I'm not sure that
    >I understand why you'd prefer a customer prefix via a direct connection to
    >them at one point in your network but via a connection to another provider
    >at a different point in your network. That would seem internally
    >inconsistant to me. Is this deliberate behavior to do shortest-exit within
    >your network toward your customer?

    We have some customers that have specifically requested this sort of
    arrangement.

Hmm. Do you treat the customer routes received from the other peer to be
"customer" routes, i.e. will you provide transit for them and re-advertise
them to your interconnect peers? If not, then you'll prevent interconnect
peers from using shortest-exit to get to those customer routes, which may
be considered a problem by those peers.

	--Vince