RE: measurement

  • From: Jim Browning
  • Date: Sun Mar 09 14:43:19 1997
  • Encoding: 30 TEXT

The measurement techniques described thus far focus on performance within
the bounds of a single network.  While this is of course a challenge, what
about efforts to measure performance _across_ networks?  I'm not talking
about NAP packet loss here, but a true measure of expected customer
satisfaction.  Most customers do not particularly care why they can't
download the latest MSIE/Navigator release quickly, and getting traffic to
and through other networks is of equal importance.  Network rating systems
are starting to emerge, and I think NANOG should participate in their
evolution...
--
Jim Browning