Re: Class "B" forsale (fwd)

  • From: Tom Glover
  • Date: Sun Mar 09 08:52:15 1997

I "kind" of agree. :) If I own a company, lets call it Acme, which has an
internet connection and that company is making use of a class B address
space it got from the 'NIC and if I sell Acme does that address block need
to be returned?  Another example is if I own an ISP that has several
blocks of address space. What happens if I sell the ISP? Do the address
blocks get returned? If Acme has to return their address blocks upon the
sale of the company and the ISP doesn't on its sale, we've got a situation
which would keep lawyers in Lexus for decades. If the answer is that you
can legitimately transfer an address block if you sell the company then
there's a nice big loophole. Anyone with a class B for sale could simply
form a company and then sell it.

Now I don't own a sellable address block. I'm just playing devil's
advocate in what appears to be a very interesting quandary.

--
Regards,
Tom