Re: Class "B" forsale (fwd)

  • From: Pete Kruckenberg
  • Date: Sat Mar 08 20:27:41 1997

On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Michael Dillon wrote:

> One class "B" Internet address available to the highest bidder.
> Please call 415-854-5263 and leave a message if interested.

I'm just a little curious. If the current policy (as stated by at least
one Draft RFC) is that IP address space is not owned, how can someone sell
a Class B? If they are selling it, that must mean that they don't actually
need it, so therefore they are obligated to return it to InterNIC. On the
other side, maybe InterNIC has an obligation to take it back.

What kinds of guarantees are there that if someone buys it, that they will
actually be able to get and keep this Class B?

Pete Kruckenberg
[email protected]