Re: 03/05/97 Internet Routing Problems

  • From: Craig Labovitz
  • Date: Thu Mar 06 11:56:21 1997

Hi Alex,

Two quick points:

* The RA route servers no longer exist. Around January 1 of this year, the NSF
sponsored route servers were decomissioned. At serveral exchange points, Route
Server services are now being provided by the commercially funded RSNG project
(see http://www.rsng.net).  Other aspects of the RA project (including some
research, RPSL, and IRR management/development) have continued.

* The RSNG route servers announce routes according to policy registered in the
IRR. Any routes not explicitly allowed by policy (RFC-1918 routes, default,
etc.) are effectively filtered in announcements to all RS peers.

- Craig

--
Craig Labovitz				[email protected]
Merit Network, Inc.			http://www.merit.edu/~labovit