Re: The Big Squeeze

  • From: Jim Jagielski
  • Date: Sun Mar 02 11:02:45 1997

Nathan Stratton wrote:

> The internic is not out to get the small guys, and if you get larger they
> will give you space. You will just need to get your space from your
> transit provider and then if you get big, renumber.

It's the renumbering part that I think gives people the most
heartburn... By the time you get "big enough" to warrent your
own block, you've got at least 32 ClassCs of which, I'm betting,
at least 28 are "given" to LAN-connected customers. This is
a _major_ headache not only for the ISP to go thru but also a
major headache to force your customers to go thru. That is, what
I think, is what really is most painful; that by the time you
are big enough to have your own block, you're too big to want
to renumber: Catch 22

     [email protected]           |       http://www.jaguNET.com/
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"