Re: demon.co.uk spam policies? [sorry if off-topic]

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Tue Feb 25 05:09:27 1997

> In light of the recent spam/nospam discussions on the list, I thought
> I'd share something one of my customers got with the rest of you:

Like all of these, sending mail to [email protected] will get you to
the right people.

It seems that the increase in spam along with the natural decrease in
the ability of ISP-bought-in-a-box providers means that too much spam
will be treated as if it actually originated from where it said in
the From: headers without the complainants actually looking.

Has anyone also noticed that in Micro$oft Outlook you cannot seem to
ever get back to the original headers, only the translated ones.
If someone can maybe give me a pointer, 'cause without the headers
and an increase in the "consumer" user base, tracking is going to
be one step harder. If not impossible.

[PS I happen to work for Demon]

Regards,
--