Re: while i'm on the subject of filtering, here's today's list of spammers

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Thu Feb 20 07:48:59 1997

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997 03:55:09 -0800 (PST)
 Tom Glover <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yep, I'm concerned. I find the precedent frightening and the use of
> "public" resources to satisfy a "private" goal to also be frightening.
> Even though the "private" goal is admirable.

Yep, I'm concerned. I find the precedent frightening, that the protection
of a "public" resource is causing such attacking responses. Nobody
wants to have to filter anyone, but its the el crapola ISP's that allow
spamming and such to go on that makes the need for this. If Paul's
filtering causes problems for the ISP then thats their tough luck, if
they sort out their spammers then they wouldn't have this problem. It
might go along way to address this problem. I'm SICK of seeing the
same make money fast post in the BIND, GATED and Ascend lists.
Its easy to have a go at Paul but atleast he is trying to
do something about it. If more people had his attitude then
there wouldn't be any spamming. Put up or shut up people.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
[email protected]        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)