Re: Just got on this thing (perhaps very belatedly) - root server trouble?

  • From: Matt Ranney
  • Date: Tue Feb 18 19:58:52 1997

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Brett L. Hawn wrote:

[...]
> [email protected]*&^ed.domain.com, they try and email him.. you get the picture. Day
> after day we see dozens of lame delegation errors. Very often for the same
> domains time and time again. I don't usually agree with Karl but in this
> case he's right.

So the rate at which these servers serve queries is measured in
queries/second, and we are worried about dozens of failed queries per
day?

Don't get me wrong, if NSI isn't getting paid to keep all those
domains in the database, then they shouldn't be there, but it doesn't
seem like as big a problem as Karl is making it out to be.
--
Matt Ranney - [email protected]

This is how I sign all my messages.