Re: Unsubstantiated Rumor - this is not simply about RBOC ISP Tariff

  • From: Tim Salo
  • Date: Tue Feb 18 18:49:19 1997

> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 23:13:21 -0800 (PST)
> From: David Holub <[email protected]>
> To: Tim Salo <[email protected]>
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Unsubstantiated Rumor - this is not simply about RBOC ISP Tariff
> 	[...]
> I'm very aware of what a "telecommunications carrier" is and without boring
> you with the details I'm also very secure in Whole Earth Networks ability to
> fall under that definition. ...

One interesting attribute of telecommunications carriers is that they
all seem to have big legal departments.

Be careful what you wish for...

-tjs

[By the way, given the number of people who want someone to regulate
some aspect of the Internet, I suspect that we will see the day when
all ISPs have lawyers.  On the other hand, it doesn't make much sense
to me to try to hasten the arrival of this era.]