Re: F means filtered ?

  • From: Christopher E. Stefan
  • Date: Mon Feb 17 02:12:53 1997

On Sun, 16 Feb 1997, Jim Fleming wrote:

> Are you saying that you never "filter" packets from
> selected networks...?...thus, denying service to
> people trying to access the "public" Root Name
> Server that you operate...
> ...and also denying access to http://www.cix.org
>
> Does the F stand for "Filtered"...?

If someone was to attempt a denial of service attact against
F.root-servers.net I certainly hope Paul would filter the originating
network to protect nameservice for the other 99.5% of the Internet.

Christopher E. Stefan                        [email protected]
http://www.ironhorse.com/~flatline           finger for PGP key
System Administrator                         Phone: (206) 783-6636
Ironhorse Software, Inc.                     FAX:   (206) 783-4591