Re: root server update

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Fri Feb 14 20:08:58 1997

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

> I suspect it would help some of us small incompetent ISPs if you could
> provide a pointer to where *you* would have successfully found the NOC
> phone number.

OK, everbody. Do this right NOW! Check the whois data on your NIC handle
and check the whois data on your domain name, especially the technical
contact. Als check the NIC handle for the tech contact. I'll bet most
of you discover contact info that is missing or inaccurate. In my case
whois MD130 shows the wrong area code because it has changed recently.

If you want to do a better job of keeping this info up to date, set up a
cron job to do whois queries on the relevant records and email them to you
once a month on some random day (not the 1st of the month please). If this
information were accurate and complete there would be a lot less flailing
around when people need NOC contact info.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]