root servers more debug data

  • From: Matthew Kaufman
  • Date: Thu Feb 13 23:02:16 1997

At present I am able to reach root nameservers A, B, C, D, E, G, I
and receive valid replies to a name request.

Root nameserver F is not reachable from my network.

Root nameserver H is responding to all my requests with the
 4-bit Response Code field set to the value 0x03 ("Name error")

This is confusing a fair number of things.

-matthew kaufman
 [email protected]

ps. this is clearly the wrong list for this, but the only one I am
 on and successfully receiving mail from.