Re: Alpha test of MAE filtering capability

  • From: Erik Sherk
  • Date: Tue Feb 04 11:17:06 1997

> i, for one didn't understand the request.
>
> hypothetically,  if mci enters into
> an agreement with MAE E/W to allow a list of mac header addresses
> to have access to our port on a gigaswitch, what reason is there
> for MAE E/W to share that list with anyone else?  if there is no
> peering arrangement between two networks you could assume that the
> the mac header of one network's interface isn't on the list, right?
>
> Jeff Young
> [email protected]

Jeff,
	Initially, I thought that you were right, but on second thought
I see a problem. If a peer of yours is giving someone third party routes,
this filtering will blackhole traffic. While your peer should not be
giving these routes with your router as the next hop, it will happen
and we need a way to debug it.

Erik