Re: Internet vs. Telephone company vs. cable company

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Fri Jan 31 20:54:25 1997

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Tony Torzillo wrote:

> I've wondered if...
> Provided that...
> ...more internet users would...
> ...and the phone line would only be necessary...
> I can see a number of ramifications...
> ...would be rather upset
> ...backbone providers would...

> Anyone have thoughts/comments in regard to this as well?

You can subscribe to com-priv by sending this message

subscribe com-priv

to [email protected]

You know, I've wondered what would happen if people all decided to use
candy canes instead of phones. This would mean that many more candy canes
would be needed to replace broken and gnawed-on ones which would lead to a
great increase in the demand for sugar. Not all of this could be supplied
by replanting the peanut fields to sorghum so it would be necessary to
come to terms with Cuba in order to get access to the quantity of sugar
needed for the candy cane factories. And think of the need for loony bins
and shrinks to deal with a nation of insane people! Some people would go
nuts talking to the candy canes and getting no reply. Others would fall
off the deep end eavesdropping on their spouse having phone sex talking to
a candy cane. This would be a goldmine for anyone who had a bachelor's
degree in psychology. Anyone have any thoughts/comments in regard to this
as well?

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]