comprehensive DNS scans from dao.andromedia.com

  • From: Craig Nordin
  • Date: Tue Jan 28 21:49:12 1997

Is anyone else seeing DNS ("ls") scan/requests from dao.andromedia.com ?

I'm not sure I want to call it wrong, but it seems pretty cheesy to me
to come over and try to check out all of my DNS systematically.

I have them blocked, but I'm curious as to what they are up to.  I asked
once, and they said that they were analyzing the dial-up IP addresses that
were hitting their web pages -- but they are slowly going over hundreds
and hundreds of domain names under our control.

There has to be something interesting in the story behind these scans.
Even if it is only a weird elf :)

--

Craig Nordin -- [email protected]  Virtual Networks  http://www.vni.net