Re: peering charges?

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Sun Jan 26 21:25:50 1997

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Dirk Harms-Merbitz wrote:

> Whatever you do, don't overlap old acronyms with new meanings if you don't
> absolutely have to, i.e. don't call content providers IP. Call them CP or
> something like that.

I second that motion.

I'm currently having a debate with Macintosh-based ISP's who have fallen
into the habit of using "multihoming" to refer to virtual domain
webservers and now the software industry is starting to do it as well
(see http://www.macweek.com/mw_1103/gw_tenon.html for an example).

If we don't have a shared language, we can't communicate.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]