Re: peering charges?

  • From: Todd Graham Lewis
  • Date: Sun Jan 26 18:38:32 1997

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Jonathan Heiliger wrote:

> What if web site, or content business models change?  What if people deem
> their content so valuable that besides (or rather than) charging the
> consumer, they want to charge the network provider access to the content?
> (ala MTV)

MTV is great evidence for the argument that there is no single answer.
Some cable networks pay to be placed on local cable systems, some are paid
for being on there.  The cost of content for a cable provider might be
significant, or it might cancel out to nil.

Networks will charge if they can get away with it.  If you don't like it,
then don't pay.

Haven't we already had this discussion before?

__
Todd Graham Lewis          Mindspring Enterprises      [email protected]