Re: operational problems at mae-west?

  • From: Steve Davis
  • Date: Fri Jan 24 18:06:53 1997

> > connections onto the other card for now.  They tell me the air conditioning
> > should be back on line in a few minutes, and I'll keep checking.

> Funny, it's pleasant 60 degrees out, fairly dry.

A friend of mine once had a catastrophic a/c failure at Flight Safety
in Wichita KS.  In the middle of winter his machine room temperature
grew and threatened the health of the mainframes he was tending to.

What he wound up doing was buying box fans (not easy to find in the
wintertime in kansas) and jamming them into the emergency exits.
Blowing frigid air into the room saved the company thousands of
dollars.