Re: Info on MAE-EAST

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 22:54:47 1997

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Chris Caputo wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Stephen Balbach wrote:
> > Yeah. If you were to buy a ethernet handoff from UUNET, it would still
> > cost $2000 for a ethernet cross-connect. I think the idea is, if you come to
> > MAE EAST, use the GigaSwitch or don't come. MFS is such a nice company.
>
> It would be a good idea for MFS to decrease this price for those people
> connected to the GigaSwitch.  No reason to discourage private
> interconnects, especially since they take load off of the GigaSwitch.
> Maybe cable organization is the issue...

If part of your business was public interconnects why would you want to
help private interconnects? I think you are right though, at the
Atlanta-NAP we wanted to draw some of the big players, and one of the ways
to do this was to let them do private interconnects over the gigaswitch of
cascade 500 and then let them peer with people if they wanted to.

Nathan Stratton                                President, NetRail,Inc.
Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Arlington, VA 22201
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."           Matthew 6:34