Re: Bay Networks in bed with commie censors?

  • From: Paul Ferguson
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 19:23:39 1997

At 03:21 PM 1/15/97 -0800, Michael Dillon wrote:

>Have you changed from a Soviet imperialist into an American imperialist?
>Don't you realize that parallelism can be exploited in politics as well as
>in routing? Create millions of small opportunities for Chinese people to
>share information and they will do the rest.

Can we move this thread entirely to com-priv, please?

Somehow, this reminds me of Godwin's Law, and a couple
of associated corollaries:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
  - "Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies", Mike Godwin, EFF staff counsel.

"As global connectivity improves,  the probability of actual Nazis being
on the net approaches one."
  - "Van der Leun's Corollary to Godwin's Law", Gerard Van der Leun, former
    EFF Cambridge office director.  This corollary is already proven.

"Thread bandwidth consumption increases in inverse proportion to thread
content quality."
  - "McCandlish's Second Corollary to the Wilcox/McCandlish Law", Stanton
    McCandlish, EFF online activist; 1995.

On second thought, this thread actually reminds me of Sturgeon's Law:

"90% of everything is crap."
  - "Sturgeon's Law", Theodore Sturgeon

- paul