Re: Bay Networks in bed with commie censors?

  • From: Jon Green
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 19:13:40 1997

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 15:05:56 -0800, [email protected] writes:

>THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION.  IT SHOULD NOT BE
>INTERPRETED AS A POSITION OR A STATEMENT OF MY
>EMPLOYER.
>

>Ok, it looks like Bay Networks made a sweet deal with
>Chinese commies.   Essentially, they will provide
>technology for the state propaganda network and
>censored Internet.
>
>Their "partnership" with censors of a communist regime
>is repugnant.  Using the modern technology to build a
>giant brainwashing machine is very scary.
>
>Some companies will do anything for a buck, though.
>
>How about boycotting their products in U.S. and other
>democratic countries?

YEAH!  YEAH!  That'll teach em!  Don't sell to a customer because of
what they do with the network.  I guess I should stop selling routers to
certain schools because they filter Usenet groups.  CENSORSHIP!  And
you know, the US Military buys a lot of Bay switches and Cisco routers,
so I guess we should boycott both vendors because they use weapons of mass
destruction.  And I heard Cabletron has a deal with the Devil.

Here, let me buy you a clue.

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *                                     *
   *   [email protected]       *   This space for rent pending        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *   me thinking up a witty quote.       *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" *                                        *