Re: Cisco withdrawal email propogation (was Re: withdrawal propagation)

  • From: alex
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 15:57:18 1997

It's amazing to read all you. CISCO is not bug free, espesually
in the modes their authors newer think about (16 ASYNC lines loaded
by local ISP at 40Kbit every, with BGP and FAIR QUEUERING, for example; no doubt
everybody can foung his own examples). But I can't found anybody who
have said what's real problem caused by this _withdrawaling_.

>   Matt Ranney <[email protected]> quoted E.E.Times
>   > "So, the REAL problem isn't so much with Cisco routers, but with
>   > Cisco's router users."
>
>   ... I've discovered this odd problem with Cisco router users
>   who propogate unwanted emails about BGP withdrawals. Whilst
>   they claim there is no harm in doing so, and its not against
>   any group charters, spewing this random information out is
>   real *annoying*. Any chance someone could fix these users
>   so they don't keep spewing out this crap so I can keep my
>   NANOG logs clean please. :-)
>
>   Alex Bligh
>   Xara Networks

---
Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)