RE: Info on MAE-EAST

  • From: Steve Feldman
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 12:57:13 1997

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> Technically, MFS no longer exists as of Jan 1, ever since their ticker
> name was taken off and they merged with WCOM (Worldcom).
>
> Hank

At the risk of boring everyone on the list:

We've been told that as of 12/31/96 our company is called "MFS Worldcom",
and starting 2/1/97 we'll be just "Worldcom".  Rumor has it that there had
been some sort of trademark dispute forcing something to be in front of
the Worldcom name (as in "LDDS Worldcom"), but that has been resolved.

	Steve
	MFS UUnet Worldcom LDDS Wiltel etc.