Re: withdrawal propagation (was E.E. Times?)

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 11:19:47 1997

No, people (like me) are likely to upgrade so that we don't show up as withdrawing
> 100,000 routes/day to the RA even though we've had a 'deny .*' filter-list towards
them for many months (since we don't peer with anyone currently through the RA
at MAE-East).

Whether it's a bugfix or an optimization, it hasn't been bothering my routers
CPU-wise - and I suspect it hasn't bothered their oomphy rsd boxes.

But I'd like to think that most people who peer with the RSs follow these issues
and know to upgrade whether it's called a bugfix or not.

Avi